While all mana users know they need to have a healthy supply of mana potions and everyone should know that they should keep at least a small amount of health potions for emergency's there are many other viable potions that people could use for raiding.
95% of all potions are obtained via the Alchemy profession and there is generally not any useful non-alchemy potions(aside from quest potions that do the exact same thing as alchemy potions). Potions generally cause a 2 minute cooldown in which you are not able to use any other potion.
Wowwiki puts potions in 3 different categories which I find useful; Effect's, Protection, and Restoration.
Restoration potions are the typical potions that people think of. This includes all of your mana and health potions.
Primary raid potions are as follows:
- Super Mana Potion (Athough I recommend Super Mana Potion Injector's which makes it so you can stack your Mana potions to 20 letting you save bag space and carry more at a slightly higher material cost) - Restores 1800 - 3000 Mana
- Super Health Potion (Same suggestion as Mana Potions here) - Restores 1500 - 2500 Health
- Super Rejuvenation Potion - Restores 1650 - 2750 mana and health
- Fel Mana Potion - Restores 3200 Mana over 25 seconds and -25 Spell Damage/Healing done for 15 minutes (This is the best mana potion for hunters, who are not effected by the debuff)
- Might Rage Potion - Gives 45-75 rage and +60 strength for 20 seconds
Effect potions are the most looked over potions, partly because they are hard to find and partly because they share a cooldown with the more common potions. The potions here though can provide you with a lot of great short term buffs, especially if you have the room to use them without sacrificing overall damage due to lack of mana or health. The top raid potions in this section are:
- Haste - +400 Haste for 15 seconds
- Destruction - +120 Spell Damage and +2% Spell Critical Strike for 15 seconds
- Heroic - +70 Strength and +700 Health for 15 seconds
- Ironshield - +2500 Armor for two minutes
- Shrouding - -800 Threat(For those who have threat issues or no threat reduction abilitties, although 800 threat is not a lot. A high end player will be putting out between 40o and 1200 threat per second fully buffed with tanks averaging 900+.)
Vote for this article on Massive Blips!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
New here? Subscribe to Kree's Blog by RSS or by Email.