Friday, February 27, 2009

The Iron Council and Me


So I joined up with Matticus and a few other Twitter people and their guildies to do "The Iron Council" testing in Ulduar. Below is whatever information I was able to garner from our foray done in a timeline style format. Hope it helps you out with your Ulduar info.


6:33 - Joined raid. In Stormwind and since Dalaran is laggy going to go to Ulduar by way of boat.
6:35 - Boats are inoperable, instead you are supposed to talk to the Dockmaster to get a port over to Borean Tundra. Faster at least but I like boat rides. I hear this is only a PTR thing to make things less laggy (or something like that).
6:37 - O Geez this flight is going to take forever.
7:36 - Just made it past Dalaran. SOOO many world server crashes. Decided to jump on mount instead of flight paths. Group is experiencing the same frustrations. No one has made it into Ulduar from my group yet.
8:10 - Still in same place as I was before.. Can't even get online anymore. But MMO-Champion has a live steam of Fusion's attempts on the boss. Much frustration that we can't even get online and these guys are able to attempt the fight.
8:24 - Woot I'm online again! Gogogo get to Ulduar before another crash!
8:27 - Flew into portal.. Fatal Error! Log back in.. in a Que now.. 2069.. 30 Estimated time.. QQ 8:38 - Well in Que but we're watching the movie and trying to find out some info. Little guy casts chain lightning which is interruptible. It hits about 5 people and hits for a ton so must be interrupted.
8:44 - Some sort of channeled thing happens approximately 30 seconds into the fight and then it says Peasant has crossed the line followed by a huge lighting orb thing. They keep resetting the event at this time (resettable by running back through the door).
8:53 - Ok they switched to killing the large guy first, which made a huge leap in progression. Got him down on first attempt as well as the medium sized guy. The little guy is where the fight is at I guess. That dude does some serious damage.
9:08 - OK I'm in ULDUAR!!
9:14 - I see the Iron Council!

9:25 - 9 of us so far.. I'm the only tank though :/
9:33 - Derv gave me G.N.E.R.D.S!
9:40 - We pulled anyways with just me as tank. Didn't last long.
9:45 - They are shutting down testing momentarily.. Sigh
9:50 - Death and Taxes Downs the boss according to chat.
9:53 - We called it.. Can't get another tank in. O well I guess there's always next time.
9:58 - Went to explore.. fell off a cliff and died just as they kicked everyone out of Ulduar. Which of course crashed the server once again. At least when I logged back in I was back in my body.

O well failed attempt but not our fault as people just couldn't log in all night. I did get some screen shots but that is the only thing I was able to get from the whole foray. Better luck next time.


Interesting note - Apparently one of the people in our raid was none other than Angelie from the Guild Loot Distribution Systems post on WoW Guild Relations forum, whom I posted a little about during my DKP section last month. Maybe I can get them to guest post sometime about DKP.



Vote for this article on Massive Blips!
MassiveBlips: vote it up!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

New here? Subscribe to Kree's Blog by RSS or by Email.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized Header Created by The Computer Lady

Back to TOP